When you go to turn on the faucet or shower, you expect water on demand. That on-demand water is all thanks to your water line! Even though we utilize it every day, there are still plenty of people in Conway, SC who wonder, “What is a water line?” Continue reading to learn everything there is to know about water lines.
What is a water line?
Every home and building in town connected to the city water system has its own water main. The water main receives pressurized water from the city’s pumping station from a single line on your property. Once the main receives water from the city, it sends it into your home through a large pipe called the water line. Water lines are made of PVC, galvanized iron or copper and are buried deep enough into the ground that they won’t freeze.
What happens if my water line bursts?
Although they’re durable, water lines can still run into problems, like bursting. If you’re wondering, “What if my water line bursts?” the answer is to call a plumber in Conway, SC as soon as possible. A plumber will either have to repair the damaged section or replace the entire thing. Repairs and replacement will both be expensive procedures. Luckily, an unexpected burst can be avoided by having your water line inspected.
Signs your water line needs repair
Knowing when it’s time to call a professional to make repairs isn’t always easy. Here are a few of the top signs that something’s amiss with your water line:
- Pooling water: Unexplained pools of water on the lawn or extra-green grass near the water line are two of the top signs that you have a leaking water line. Call a plumber right away, as this situation will only get worse as time goes on.
- Frequent clogs: If your toilets or drains seem to clog up a few times a week, there’s probably something wrong with your home’s plumbing system and not just the fixture itself. A plumber should come out to inspect your water line to ensure it’s not clogged up.
- Noisy taps and fixtures: You never want to hear any loud noises coming from your plumbing. Banging pipes and gurgling toilets or drains are a sign that there could be something wrong with the water line.
- High water bills: A spike in your monthly water bill is usually a sign that there’s a leak somewhere in your home. If you can’t find a leak anywhere inside, it’s probably a leak in your water line. Again, call a plumber right away to avoid hemorrhaging money each month.
- Poor water pressure: A sudden reduction in water pressure is nothing to ignore. This is usually a sign that a tree root or some other object is blocking your water line. A professional will need to come out and clear that blockage in order to improve your water pressure.
Choose us to fix your water line
If you’re experiencing any problems with your water line, call our team at Rooter Express. On top of knowing what a water line does in Conway, SC, we’re able to fix any problems that may arise with it. Call us today to schedule a repair or to learn more about all of our services.
Categorised in: Plumbing Services