Owning a beach house means you always have a relaxing place to escape to and a home to entertain your friends and family. Unfortunately, beach houses never come without their fair share of problems, especially if they’re on the older side of things. This post will cover a few of the summer plumbing problems beach homeowners in Conway, SC need to prepare for:
- Sand down the drain: Taking a shower after a day on the beach is a must. All of that sand has to go somewhere—and it’s most likely going to wash down your drain. To prevent this issue, wash off with a hose outside or install an outdoor shower.
- Mold and mildew: Those dripping faucets and other problems can eventually lead to dangerous mold or mildew growth. The best way to stop this is to clean the area with bleach and set up humidifiers in the affected areas. Additionally, humidity from the ocean air can wreak havoc on your beach home. Placing humidifiers throughout your house can stop mold formed by the damp ocean air.
- Malfunctioning toilets: A broken toilet can render a bathroom useless and is a hassle to fix. While a malfunctioning toilet can happen in any home, it’s one of the common summer plumbing problems in Conway, SC due to extra guests staying over. Because the clog or overflow could be due to sewer line problems, we advise calling a pro for an inspection and repair.
- Leaking pipes: Because beach homes don’t always get year-round usage and can be on the older side, we see a lot of leaking pipes. Whether the leaks are caused by corrosion or some other underlying issue, they’re best left for professional plumbers to repair to ensure the leaks stop once and for all.
How to avoid problems
The good news is that you can easily avoid beach house plumbing issues in Conway, SC. Follow these tips to ensure your plumbing doesn’t encounter any issues:
- Hire a plumber: We already mentioned hiring a plumber to fix most of your plumbing problems, but it doesn’t hurt to bring in a professional to perform inspections and ensure those issues don’t happen in the first place. Routine maintenance is also much cheaper than emergency repairs.
- Bring in an HVAC pro: If your dehumidifiers don’t eliminate the mold or mildew, it’s a good idea to hire someone to inspect your HVAC system and ductwork. After getting professional help, you should never have to worry about mold growth again.
- Prepare for the offseason: These plumbing issues don’t just arise during the summer when you’re at your beach home. They can also occur during the winter when nobody’s around! If possible, turn off your water before you leave for the fall and winter and hire someone to check on your house periodically.
Rooter Express can solve any plumbing problem
The good news is that our team at Rooter Express is here to fix any beach house plumbing issues in Conway, SC. Whether you have a leaky pipe, too much sand down your drain or you need an inspection, we’ve got you covered. Call us today to set up an appointment to prepare your beach house for the summer!
Categorised in: Plumbing Services