When You Should Upgrade Your Water Heater
Water heaters are essential appliances in any home, so it’s important to make sure they’re kept in good working condition. Unfortunately, all water heaters must eventually be repaired or replaced due to wear, tear or damage. With that in mind, it’s a good idea to keep an eye out for signs that it’s time to upgrade your water heater. When is the right time to upgrade your water heater in Conway, SC? Keep reading to find out.
When is it the right time to upgrade your water heater?
Upgrading to a new water heater can have a lot of benefits, but it can also be a significant investment. If you’re wondering how to tell when it’s the right time to upgrade your water heater in Conway, SC, consider a few of these helpful tips:
- Supply problems: One of the most common signs that it’s time for a water heater upgrade is a poor supply of hot water. If you run out of water frequently and you don’t have enough hot water to fill the bathtub or take a shower, it’s likely your water heater doesn’t have the capacity necessary to keep up with your hot water needs.
- High energy bills: Another sign that it’s time to upgrade your water heater is increasing energy bills. Over time, it’s common for appliances like water heaters to become less efficient. If you notice your energy bills have increased, it might be due to a water heater that needs to be upgraded. New water heaters offer much better energy efficiency, which can help you save money and minimize waste.
- Frequent repair needs: It’s not uncommon for water heaters to require occasional repairs, but they shouldn’t be breaking down on a regular basis. If you find yourself frequently dealing with water heater repairs, it’s likely your water heater is simply too old and needs to be replaced.
- Noisy operation: All appliances make some noise when they operate, but excessive noise can be a sign that the water heater is on its last legs. If your water heater is making a lot more noise than usual, it’s probably time to look into replacement. Newer water heaters are designed for quiet operation, and are less disruptive than older models.
- Old age: Even water heaters that seem to be working fine might need to be replaced soon if they are very old. Water heaters typically last for eight to 10 years, depending on the model and how much use it gets, so if your water heater is more than eight years old, it’s probably time to start planning to replace it.
Professional water heater upgrades
If you have more questions about when it’s the right time to upgrade your water heater or you’re looking for professional help with water heater replacement in Conway, SC, reach out to Rooter Express. Our family owned and operated business has been providing customers with quality plumbing services for decades, and we continue to be dedicated to the quality of our services and the satisfaction of our customers. Find out more about our services and schedule an appointment by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: Water Heater Installation